Followers

Tuesday 1 March 2011

THE SWANS

I feel in need of a trumpet fanfare or a drum roll at the very least as today I have finally finished my contribution to the showpieces for our soon to be Parchment Festival. (See side bar) (Over til next year)

Our Tutor decided on this picture of a pair of Swans floating serenely on the lake under the boughs of Wisteria, amongst the water lilies. I believe 18 of us started on this long journey of learning quite a while ago now but some fell by the wayside and eleven of us have finished against all the odds. We have had workshops and extra workshops but all in all a lot of chatter and fun as well as continuing to learn new skills from our very talented Tutor.
My picture below is now ready to go to the framers. The photo I have taken isn't brilliant but I am too excited about it to wait until daylight. I might change it later.

(New photo)

6 comments:

  1. Way To Go Carol! This is brilliant, well done on lasting the course. I've said it before - your work is amazing! The Pie Man has declared again - CarolJane the Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pamela. You are very kind ... love to you and The Pie Man.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Good luck at the festival. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly deserve a fanfare for this, Carol - it is gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEEEE Carol, definately a fanfare for this gorgeous work of art. It is absolutely gorgeous and I appreciate all the time and effort you put into making it. I know it will steal the show at your festival.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are Stunning Carol.. looking forward to seeing them in the flesh next month! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.