Followers

Monday 16 May 2011

Lacework coaster

I found  a pattern by Kannikar Sukseree (Kanny) in the Parchment Craft Guild Anniversary Book and decided I wanted to do it.  It consisted of two panels of lacework with lovely coloured roses in the middle.  I started off with the lace work and pricked out the first panel without any mistakes but not so in the second so....I continued to finish the first panel and then decided to use the resulting lace in a couple of coasters and here is one.
I also learned that  when I do the next one I will have to stitch the lace to the backing card.  I stuck this one with Perga Glue but of course clicking in the backing panel in has squashed the glue a bit.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous too, super idea to make a coaster with your 'mistake'
    Hope this is shown at Sandown too.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine. Yes it will be at Sandown. In fact it has given me an idea to make another 4 and perhaps sell them as a set of six.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness... some patience need there!! Love it Carol.. looks fantastic! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.