Followers

Friday 26 August 2011

Christmas is coming -

and although we all seem to moan about starting preparations in August I think we have to -  to get all those handmade goodies and cards done in time.  In my case I need something more and  Christmassy for the Show next month.  The tree is already in a display case I have purchased for the purpose - so this last couple of days I have been making some Christmas parchment flowers - mainly poinsettias. This year I tried to make them more realistic and I hope I have managed to give that impression.  I used my usual pattern for the flowers and green and red parchment which I purchased from the Art of Craft.  After I had stuck the layers together I used some creamy yellow beads and stuck them individually into the centres.  Doing them one at a time avoided the bead hole showing uppermost.  I then just touched the top of the beads with a Sakura Brush pen in green and then yellow.  I used a new - to me - glue called appli glue.  It dries clear and is just thick enough to allow the bead to stand and not flop over whilst drying. In fact I have been using this glue quite a bit in the last week or so - I can recommend it.
I tried glitter on one of the poinsettias but it didn't look good.  They are better plain.

Here they are - mixed in with some others made using a special sparkly vellum.



4 comments:

  1. OH WOW Carol, they are so gorgeous, pleased you managed to get your parchment.
    Fabulous card and you have layered them perfectly.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,

    Beautiful, and layered so beautifully, they look so perfect.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought I ought to say that flattered as I am - this isn't a card. It is a paper Christmas napkin that I found in the cupboard and I just put the flowers on the top for the photo.
    The sparkly chiffon in the background is something I bought from Ideal World ????? ago. It was on one of their Xmas Shows and is a length of sparkly chiffon type stuff to use as decoration or a table swag or ?? This is the 1st time it has been out of the selophane. What are we crafters like?

    You have both given my ideas though - so thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project is absolutely beautiful, Carol. I especially like the "sparkly vellum"!!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.