Followers

Sunday 23 December 2012

CD Sunday - All about Birthdays

Good morning Bloggers.  It will be a good morning for me if I have managed to get away to spend Christmas with my sister.  I am scheduling this week and next weeks posting as anything could be happening.  My run up to Christmas has been littered with fraught medical appts and cancelled arrangements.  One party, one dinner out, one workshop, one physio appt and if my GP hasn't passed me 'fittish' - one Christmas.  I followed a severe and heavy cold and sore throat with an attack of Cellulitis.  All just in case 2012 hadn't been enough of a ****** (fill in the blanks) year for me already.

I enjoyed all the Teddies when I managed to have a look.  Please excuse my lack of comments.  I seem to have said that a few times this year. It is a good job my fellow teamies are so kind and supportive.

Our theme this week has been chosen by Christine and for this one I went back to parchment:

The image pattern is by Anne Quinn and the CD used for the border pattern and sentiment is by Florence Holmes - 'Say it with Flowers and Lace'.
Followers of my Blog will know that I really dislike using felt tip pens for colouring on parchment.  Many 'parchers' are very successful with this medium but not me.  But on this occasion I used some new pens I had bought - Docrafts Artiste Dual-Tip Brush Markers.  I used them on the back of the parchment and found that they went on very smoothly and strongly without leaving lines.

I hope you all have a very Happy Christmas and I will see you next week.
Carol
x

p.s. Update.  I made it to Bristol.  My GP agreed that I could go so my sister dashed up the M4 and kidnapped me.
xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carol
    Lovely card, I think I must try a bit more colour on my parchment, I don't find time to do enough parchment not to self do more next year. Perhaps I will try these pens and see how they work. Colour on parchment I just avoid by only doing white work, and that does not always work out every well, thank goodness for butterflies.
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas down in the West Country the weather must have known you were coming as most of the West Country is having problems with water.
    Take care
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful bouquet Carol - those new markers were a good find. Glad you managed to get away. Merry Christmas.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Carol, your markers worked perfectly. I'm so glad you managed to get away, I hope you had a fab time.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.