Followers

Sunday 24 March 2013

CD Sunday - Bundle of Joy

Good morning from a snowy Surrey.  Well they promised snow and it did come.  I am just hoping my Sainsbury's delivery makes it or I shall be peckish.
Our Sue has chosen this weeks theme.  I don't think that we have had a baby theme before and the team and our Guest Designer Marina have produced some beautiful cards.  I know you will like them so please visit their blogs.

My contribution  is in parchment again and  another Judith Maslen pattern.  I have said before how much I like her patterns and admire her artistic skills.  If you are designing for parchment it can't be all higgledy- piggledy or sketchy in design so somehow the essence of the subject has to be done in careful simple lines.
This is my card:

I have used lemon, pink and blue in the colouring and, in the background, which is from - Docraft 'Me to You' Spring Chic CD2 .
I enjoyed making this one with the clean and simple lines.  It was good practice in creating longish and  smooth lines in as few sweeps as possible.
My next few creations for Cd Sunday are not parchment and next weeks is ......a little different!
Please feel free to leave a comment.  I love knowing you have visited.
Carol
x




9 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    Lovely card, I like the design and your colours are lovely too.,

    We don't have snow yet although it tried yesterday when they it would rain, we have a frost this morning or we have iced rain it's like a skating ring out there and I am staying in, it looks a cold wind blowing. Anyone who think its January not April next weekend.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning card Carol, I love the design and your colours are gorgeous. Thanks for your help with my design this week.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this gorgeous card Carol. A good mix of colours a well so that it could go for either a boy or girl.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Carol, I like everything about it!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Carol. Love that design and you have captured it so well
    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Carol - I just love your parchment work.
    Thank you too - for your nice comments on my card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol, I really admire your parchment skills. You've given the crib a fairytale effect. You make me want to try parchment craft to achieve that luxury look. Can't wait to see what your 'different' project is , next week!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exquisite! Oh my this is truly beautiful Carol. The lace drape is so beautiful and I love the little chick! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect Carol. beautiful work again and the image is lovely.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.