Followers

Sunday 17 March 2013

Parchment Workshop in the New Forest

It was down to the woods yesterday to the first workshop of the year at Judith's place. It was so wet going and returning that I think an Ark would have been a more appropriate form of transport.  The sun actually shone whilst we were working but Oh Boy did it rain when we left.  Many of the fields and ditches were flooded.

Despite this we had a wonderful day - as always  - and we had two new patterns to work on.
The first one - Snowy Owl - was a design Judith did in answer to a request by me. We are quite often asked to suggest something we would like so this was my 'like'.  When I stay up in Northumberland with a friend of mine I stay at an Inn called 'The Snowy Owl'.  A lovely place with very welcoming hosts and they have many pictures of Snowy Owls on the wall but not a parchment one - yet.
Here is my effort





The second pattern is one of a new series of  'Seasons'.  This one is 'Summer'.

This was an exercise in embossing in a different way - using definite strokes rather than smooth blending.  Then we used the dry pencil technique of colouring on back and front.

Loved every minute of my day.  Thank you Judith, and my friend Charmaine for the heroic driving in the Monsoon.
xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Carol I love them both and I am so happy with mine. I will post my Summer tomorrow :-)
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to everyone for making the big drive in such awful weather. Glad you liked the owl pattern, Carol. Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning Carol I love that owl!!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are gorgeous Carol, especially the owl, it looks lovely in flight.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Carl. Love your shading of the flowers and the owl is stunning.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the owl is beautiful, I would love to do an owl like that, mine would never look as brilliant as yours. The shading of the flowers is perfect. Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work Carol, i too love owls and we have plenty around here.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.