Followers

Monday 23 June 2014

Bristol Parchment Exhibition 2014

It is all over now and I am safely back home. The weather was glorious - in fact a little too warm for the Exhibition itself yesterday.  I think perhaps some consideration  could be given next year to providing some  cooling fans or some such.  It is difficult to work on parchment when your hands are hot and sticky.
Any way back to the show itself and the exquisite pieces of parchment on display and their creators.  It was all fabulous but some was jaw droppingly good.
Lots and lots of lovely people stopped by to chat whilst Jenny (fellow pupil) and I were working on our tutors stand.  Jenny was creating a wonderful lacy piece and I was working on some ATC's. 
Here are the ones I managed to complete on the day:






Two of the lovely people I met and chatted to were Margaret and her husband.  It was great to see Margaret looking so well after all her trials and tribulations.  We managed to chat for quite a while.  I see on her blog that there are many photo's of some of the exhibits.  I did have my camera but didn't really have the time to take any pictures.  So thank you Margaret.  It will give a good idea of what was on offer.  This will be the third time I have met Margaret at the show and I look forward to many more such chats.

 
I look forward to next years event - especially as I get to spend some more time with my sister.  I am off now to put the washing in and then perhaps play with a few of my new toys.  Parchment and others. (We visited the new Lakeland store at Cribbs Causeway).

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, the pictures came out better than I thought as they were taken from my mobile, I forgot my camera, if you had said I would have taken your camera and taken some photos for you.
    We had a lovely time and it was lovely to meet you again, yes I know and the card is still not started yet, still a few more days to go.
    Thank you for making the day even better by seeing you.
    Look forward to seeing you next year.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time, your ATC's are wonderful.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol these are exquisite, each and every one. I so admire your parchment work, always a joy to look at. Glad you had a nice time at Bristol. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.