Followers

Sunday 26 October 2014

Some more Stamping with Woodware

I had another great day yesterday at The Art of Craft at yet another fabulous workshop with Jane Gill.  I have posted before about these workshops that are run by Jane and they are always enlightening as well as fun.  Jane is a designer for Woodware stamps and I love all her designs.  I have said before how much I like using Jane's designs with my parchment.  You can tell which are  Jane's designs as at the back of the pack of stamps there is JG at the front of the design no: and name.

These are the stamps that we used :
Our first project was a concertina card.  I have only ever made a much smaller version of one of this style when I made some Egyptian theatre Atc's and that was all printed out.  This one had us stamping and making everything from scratch. It was a full on morning session and I got very mucky with black ink and glitter but I did enjoy it and here is the first project:

Outside:
Inside:
It wasn't perfect and I must admit to have been careful with my photography but I think it is good enough to give away at Christmas.

The second project is my own favourite:
Here is the third and last:
I think they are all so different and show just what can be achieved with one set of stamps, black and white card and glitter.
So thank you to The Art of Craft and Jane Gill for yet another enjoyable day.
In case you are interested the stamp reference no: is JGS346Winter trees and they had them in stock yesterday.
Carol
xx

p.s. The next workshop that I am attending at the Art of Craft is a day spent Quilling.  That is next week so watch this space.  I have done some Quilling but a long time ago so I hope I can remember some of the techniques.



3 comments:

  1. They're all really lovely Carol. I thought I recognised the stamp set so had a look through my magazines. In Crafts Beautiful, Issue 272 (Xmas) there's a 2 page article form Jane Gill with 3 cards made using these stamps. Your final card is the main feature of the article and a similar design to your first card is also in the article. I was looking at the article last night to see if I had stamps I could use that were similar. I think these stamps would be good on shrink plastic as they have a very rounded shape to them. Can't wait to see your quilling cards as I like to 'dabble' with quilling now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tree stamps, beautiful cards, and such a variety of designs
    Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Carol, I love the black and white mono look. The trees are beautiful and I have a couple of sets that are very similar.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.