Followers

Tuesday 26 May 2015

A commission

It is quite a while since I have received a commission but I received this one from my daughter in law and was given just a week to complete my mission - if I wished to accept.
The remit I was given  was a wedding card for a couple who are mad about their camper van.  It is called 'Audrey' (I didn't ask!) and they spend a great deal of time and care with/of  Audrey.  I explained that if I was to follow this theme I couldn't produce a traditional white/cream all bells and whistles Wedding type card  - but I was told that that didn't matter.
Whilst we were chatting on the phone an image came to mind of a card I had already made.
You have seen it before - here it is. I had made it for a CD Sunday theme - On the beach.

There was the camper van. I somehow had to use this great drawing.  I won't bore you with all the ins and outs but basically I used the image again but this time on a 7 x 7 card (which I had to make myself) and details and decoupage from two other La Pashe folders.

The Bride, Groom and Preacher were strategically placed to cover the surfers and their board except for the chaps face.  I couldn't quite cover that so he is there as a spectator.  The champagne flutes were from another folder and the Celebrate swag and bows were die cut.
All I need now is to know what words are required to go inside and it will be finished.......... and a 7 x 7 envelope ....anyone?

Carol
xx

p.s.  I made a box instead of finding an envelope.  The box took almost as long as the card - won't be doing that again in a hurry.
As it turned out it didn't matter that I had to leave the 'spectators' face.  My son informed me that it could be him as he is the best man.  I am still involved in all this as  I am acting as chauffeuse for my other son who is attending the reception.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Carol this is a stunning Wedding card. A great idea to use images from other La Pashe folders to make the scene. I'm sure both your DIL and the happy couple will love this.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Carol! And I'm sure the happy couple will treasure it. I think the 'surfer' looks like the best man LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a perfect card for them and very clever how you placed the bride and groom.
    Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Carol - love how you adapted it.
    Thanks for the clarification on CD Sunday and digikits.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.