Followers

Thursday 16 July 2015

Sepia toned butterflies

I have now finished the last of the  butterfly cards  I made at Bristol using the Pergamano Grid No:31.  I showed the photograph of the unfinished one on my Bristol post. Here it is again.
Instead of using a contrasting butterfly in the centre as I had done for the others  I made one from Grid No: 17 (which has larger sized butterflies) using the same coloured parchment.
I remember that about 4 years ago I made a butterfly in the same colour tones using  a stamp by Carolines.  I also remember how nice I thought  the black gems/pearls were that  I had used on the butterfly so....
This is what I have done:



The overall colour looks better because this last photo was taken in my garden this morning with the sunshine.  The other was taken on the scanner.  What a difference?
I hope you like it.  I think I am butterflied out for a wee while.
Carol xx


3 comments:

  1. Wow two beautiful cards, your butterfly cards you had on show at Bristol were beautiful, I brought a butterfly grid at the show but not had time to play with it.
    Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol this is stunning, I love the sepia tones with the black pearls you're so right about them working well together. I almost wish I did parchment when I look at this.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow hun, these are AWESOME! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.