Followers

Monday 5 October 2015

Christmas in parchment

I have just finished another couple of cards using a printed CD image on parchment which I have embossed and framed.
They are both from La Pashe.
Here they are.
1.

Firstly I printed out the image to fit inside the border which I then embossed.  The border pattern is from a Pergamano Multi Grid.  This is the hardest part as you only get half of the border on the grid so you have to be careful to marry up everything when you turn round the grid to do the other half.  I then embossed the picture to show up the snow.  Added a little pencil colouring to give emphasis to the hedges and buildings etc. Before fixing it all to a coloured card I needed to back the image with white paper so that the image was clear and bright. Matching blue brads were used to fix to the blue card.

2.
This was done in the same way.  Just a different simpler border pattern used. I used Kraft card as the base to suggest the Kalahari desert.
There won't be too many of these this Christmas as they do take some time to make. Trouble is I prefer to make parchment or stitched cards.  Perhaps next year I will start in January.
Hugs
Carol
xx

3 comments:

  1. Two stunning Christmas cards Carol. I love them.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful cards printing onto the parchment softens the image moe than I imagined it would and gives it a fantastic finish love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards and what a stunning way of doing them.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.