Followers

Monday 30 November 2015

'Lucinda' - Victorian Christmas

Sadly the Saturday before last was our last Judith Maslen Workshop of the year -- and we were going down like flies.  Usually three of us devotees go together and kinda take it in turns to drive.  First to drop out was Charmaine who had the chance to go to Portugal to play some golf - who could blame her.  Then Jenny was proper poorly so that left me - who had to drive herself.  I was determined to go as I had missed the one in September.  I drove in awful weather (see I am playing for sympathy here) and after a full day of parchment concentration I was absolutely ..... well you know but I had a fabulous day as always.  I have already booked up for all of the sessions next year.
We had two new patterns as always. I haven't finished the morning one yet.  As it isn't a Christmas one it isn't a priority at the moment.
The afternoon one however has just been finished.  This is 'Lucinda'.

I am a little disappointed in the photo as some of the shading done on the front of the image seems to have suffered a 'whiteout'.  The shading is quite subtle  -  perhaps too subtle for the light outside.  My own addition to the card is to use some pretty tiny glittery snowball flat backed gems.  The last ones from my sheet and I can't remember from where I purchased them.
I have just purchased 'Daisy' from the same series so I will be busy.  I am trying to make as many parchment Christmas cards as I can this year and less decoupage type even though they are quicker to make.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Carol love the figure and especially the parchment and oval edging the pearls are a lovely finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful Carol! Such a lovely wintery scene too.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.