Followers

Thursday 10 December 2015

A third Christmas card revisited !!

Well - sort of revisited.  A couple of years ago  I made this card in parchment.
        


 I had discovered the card here.
 I liked the image back then so I decided to have yet another play with it. Not parchment this time. We card makers spend ages each year hand making all our cards.  They are all different and made with love and care but there are only so many hours in a day and quite often we just run out of time and let's be honest (whispering here) pop out and buy a box from a well know High St chain just for those half a dozen or so that we still need.
So......  I went back to this image and used my graphic programme to play around with the border and colours.  Added a message from myself after playing with comparable fonts. I printed out the image and matted to a toning card and then mounted using a  good quality blank landscape 21cm x 15cm white card of which I have a stack.  It still needed a little something so I added the white die cut trees which I then glittered with a Wink of Stella.
They are still handmade and basically designed by myself but they were so much quicker to make and I didn't go out and buy them.
Here is one of them:

I hope this might give some ideas if time is running out.
Just to rub it in - I have finished mine.
Hugs
Carol xx


3 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing, I am still trying to do mine and now well behind,
    Great card, lovely design
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finishing Carol, I'm still a bit behind but hoping to finish by the end of this week. Love the card and what you've done to it this time.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Carol, love both versions, fabulous sentiment

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.